>Following are five things you should do when your business has made a mistake with a customer.
1. Quickly admit to the mistake and not try to cover it up. When you come forward and admit a mistake, customers are more forgiving.
2. Take ownership and don’t try to blame it on others. Notre Dame School teaches their students to not ever deflect blame on someone or something else, but to always accept the wrong and take responsibility.
3. Apologize. Saying you are sorry that the situation occurred can go miles in retaining the relationship. Sometimes a sincere apology is all the customer really wants.
4. Tell how you will fix the problem. Clearly communicate what you are going to do to remedy the situation.
5. Follow through with any promises made and follow up!