Mid-January is here. The holiday wrappings are cleaned up, the decorations are down, and everyone is getting all geared up again at work. It’s time to start meeting those strategic initiatives that were identified in 2015 to be indicators of a successful year ahead. As everyone hunkers down and employs tactical approaches to meeting their performance objectives, I’d like to share five powerful customer service statistics to keep in mind, as reasons why excellent customer service must also maintain a high priority in your organization.
1. 44% of U.S. consumers switch to a competitor following a poor customer service experience. (NewVoice)
2. 82% felt that their service provider could have done something to prevent them from switching. (Accenture)
3. 86% are willing to pay up to 25% more for a better customer experience. (RightNow)
4. 82% of consumers have stopped doing business with a company because of bad customer service. (Zendesk)
5. It is 6-7 times more costly to attract a new customer than it is to retain an existing customer. (White House Office of Consumer Affairs)
Customers today know more and expect more. In 2016, it will be the most forward-thinking organizations, the ones that consciously and deliberately work at creating an experience that customers’ value, who will be the winners at the end of the year.
If you haven’t identified your Service Philosophy and given your employees Service Standards, now is the time. And share these statistics with your employees. Start a discussion as to how your organization will create loyal customers this year.